There are many countries in the world that have their own beauty and value which different from the other in locations, cultures, customs and traditions. Thailand is also the one of those that locates in Southeast Asia near the equator.
Thailand has a lot of different beauties and colors of cultures, customs and traditions on each localities in old Thai-Style constructions, art objects and architectures which continues from the past to present more than thousand years.
However, foreigner, who is interested in Thailand, should has a basic information about Thailand first before coming to visit Thailand for any reasons as traveling, history studying, business or etc.:
1.Thailand has five different areas as Central, North, Northeast, South and East and having 76 provinces.
2. Metropolis is Bangkok or Krung-Thep Mahanakhon (grung-teab ma-har-na-korn) in Thai.
3. There are about sixty-two million citizens which are different in races and cultures but stay consistently in the society.
4. People have freedom for respecting in any religions but most of Thai people are Buddhists.
5. Thai language is nation language for writing and speaking more than thousand years since Sukhothai Kingdom.
6. Administration in democracy with Prime Minister that has king as the most respectful institute for the people.
7. Thai currency is made up of baht that changes by the stock market.
8. Thai agriculture products are rice, corn, sugarcane, cassava and etc. which Thailand is important base food producer of the world.
addition to information upward, Thai people have characteristic
of friendly, enjoyment and modesty which can notice from bringing
the hands together to the face and smile that gives to each other
every time. Thus, Thailand has another name as "The
land of smile".
Therefore, the beautiful natures and other things that we would like to present are :
Besides, Thailand still has a lot of activities and things that be very interesting for tourists to touch and see for learning and enjoyment. For more information, please contact The Tourism Authority of Thailand at www.tat.or.th or any tourist organization or you can search from menu:Thai Gates in tourist category of www.speakingthai.com.
|Thu, 15 May, 2003|
Thai / Thai Principles /
Thai Stories / Thai Gates